The key to Buffet des Continents’ success rests on its continued commitment to offering its customers a wide variety of dishes prepared every day using the freshest, highest-quality ingredients, outstanding service, and an environment that is uniquely attractive, warm, clean and friendly.
Buffet des Continents is successful because of the perfect mix of tight, professional management and the presence in each restaurant of a co-owner who is an expert in the restaurant business and makes sure that the service provided to customers is of the highest quality at all times.
- Such was the spirit in which Buffet des Continents opened its first restaurant in Charlesbourg, near Quebec City, in 1995.
- In 1999, the formula was revisited, and the restaurant became a high-end buffet offering favourite dishes inspired from the four corners of the world.
- In 2003, a second location was opened in Trois-Rivières.
- The chain continued its expansion in 2004, this time opening a restaurant in Sherbrooke, using the same exotic theme in a remarkable setting.
- In 2007, Buffet des Continents opened its location in Gatineau, adding a tropical forest and a suspension bridge to its exotic setting.
- In 2010, the Montréal region got its own Buffet des Continents in Mascouche, with a seating capacity of 850 people.
- Buffet des Continents continued its expansion in 2014 with a new location in Saint-Jérôme along the Laurentian Autoroute (Hwy. 15).
- Two years later, in 2016, the chain continued its expansion with the opening of a new restaurant in Drummondville.
- Less than a year later, Buffet des Continents launched its eighth restaurant, this time in Brossard.
- In 2017, the chain also began construction of a ninth establishment, which is scheduled to open in Lévis for Spring 2018.
Buffet des Continents’ commitment, as well as that of its staff, extends beyond its restaurants into the communities it serves where they constantly support local charities and social, sports and community events.
This tradition of social responsibility reflects the values of the entire chain, its owners and its employees. In addition to supporting many charitable organizations throughout the year, Buffet des Continents also supports numerous community, social and sports associations. It also proudly organizes, an event to honour community volunteers, a family day and a non-perishable food drive during the holiday season.
- Buffet des Continents has held its non-perishable food drive every first Monday of december since 2004.
- Every year in April, as part of Volunteer Week, the chain organizes an event in each of its restaurants to honour volunteers in every region for their outstanding service to the community.
- Buffet des Continents also sells gift certificates throughout the year of which, half of the proceeds is given to the CHEO Foundation in Ottawa. Since 2011, over $50 000 was given to this cause.
- In Gatineau, in partnership with La Soupe populaire de Hull, the restaurant collects the food that hasn’t been served by the end of the day and distributes it free to people in need in the region. A rigorous control process ensures that the quality of the food remains at its highest, that health and hygiene regulations are respected, and that food safety regulations governing the transportation, storage and serving processes are complied with.
- In addition, Buffet des Continents restaurants have an agreement with local fire departments to ensure that fire victims receive free meals at the restaurant during the transition period.
Buffet des Continents continues to develop these same types of partnerships with organizations in every community in which we are present.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS – Mascouche
We received the Company of the Year Award in 2011 (COUP DE COEUR) and the “Entreprise COUP DE POUCE” Award (for community involvement), presented by the Quebec Chamber of Commerce.
Here is the link to the article:
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS – Gatineau
The Buffet des Continents in Gatineau is proud to have received several distinctions, bringing us recognition not only locally, but also nationally.
2013 Chapeau restaurateurs! Award, presented by the Quebec Restaurateurs Association Foundation ARQ
Awarded to Tony Priftakis, owner of the Buffet des Continents, in recognition of excellence and commitment to his trade and highlighting his successes and involvement in the restaurant business and in the community. Other awards and distinctions include.
Gatineau Chamber of Commerce 2011
Large Business of the Year
Grand Prize, Canadian Tourism Award 2011
Corporate Citizen of the Year
Grand Prize, Outaouais Tourism Award 2010
Grand Prize, Quebec Tourism Award, Silver, 2010, Human Resources category
People’s Choice Award 2009
Corporation des Restaurateurs du Québec
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS – Sherbrooke
Mr. Tony Commatas, owner of the Buffet des Continents in Sherbrooke was named “Mérite Estrien” in December 2007 by the daily newspaper La Tribune.
Sherbrooke’s Buffet des Continents was a finalist in the Fleurimont Chamber of Commerce “Excellence Gala” in the “21 or more employees” category in May 2012.
Le Buffet des Continents Ads
Le Buffet des Continents is a restaurant for family and friends offering high quality international menu inspired by the best recipes from around the world. It offers healthy food, variety, quality, competitively priced, and always prepared with passion by our chefs. At any time, each twelve years and under child accompanied by a parent eat free or at half price on Saturday. Toddlers 3 and under are always our guests.
Trademark. All rights reserved.